Are you wondering how you will afford your bariatric surgery? Join the thousands of patients from Canada and the United States making the journey to Tijuana each year for bariatric procedures. Patients who choose medical tourism to reduce costs for bariatric surgeries enjoy a luxurious, person-focused experience while under the care of esteemed medical professionals.
Here’s What You Might Not Know About Bariatric Surgery in Mexico:
- Bariatric Surgeons and physicians in Mexico complete educational and credentialing requirements that are essentially identical to the requirements for equivalent care providers in the United States and Canada.
- Many doctors employed here at Renew Bariatrics in Tijuana have completed education and training at prestigious universities and medical centers in the United States.
- Mexican hospitals have identical standards to facilities in the United States.
- Patients don’t need to recover in traditional hospitals! Bariatric tourism allows for patients to move to 5-star hotels after being discharged following surgery. While staying in a resort-like setting, patients enjoy 24/7 care from experienced medical professionals.
- There are no long waiting periods for patients seeking bariatric surgery in Mexico. After reviewing your medical history, physicians will approve your request for surgery.
- Patients pay a flat rate for bariatric surgery in Mexico. There’s never any need to worry about hidden bills. Meanwhile, American hospitals will charge patients separately for every stage of the surgical process. This can make costs both high and unpredictable.
Renew Bariatrics offers all-inclusive bariatric surgery in Mexico. Most patients can expect to pay just $4,500 for all preoperative care, travel, hospital stays, anesthesia, and pain medication.
Am I a Candidate for Bariatric Surgery in Mexico?
If you meet the BMI criteria for bariatric surgery, there’s nothing stopping you from being approved for life-saving bariatric surgery at a highly rated Mexican hospital. Here are some reasons why you might consider traveling to Mexico for bariatric surgery instead of pursuing surgery close to home:
- You do not have medical insurance.
- While you have medical insurance, your procedure won’t be covered. That means that you will pay high out-of-pocket costs for surgery.
- You have medical insurance that will only cover a small portion of total surgery costs.
- The approval process for bariatric surgery is taking a long time due to requirements set by your doctor, the insurance company, or a local hospital that performs bariatric procedures.
- You feel that you aren’t getting the respect or care you deserve with the current relationships you have with physicians.
- You prefer to spend your recovery in a private setting outside of a hospital.
Bariatric surgery in the United States and Canada can cost $15,000 to $25,000 in out-of-pocket expenses for the average patient. When patients travel to Mexico to utilize medical tourism for bariatric surgery, the all-inclusive price starts at just $4,500. That means that patients enjoy a level of care that either meets or exceeds the care provided in the United States and Canada for a fraction of the cost!
Bariatric Procedures Available With Medical Tourism in Mexico:
- Gastric Sleeve.
- Gastric Balloon.
- Gastric Bypass.
- Duodenal Switch.
- Gastric Binding.
Which one is right for you? Each procedure offered at Renew Bariatrics is designed to help patients with specific BMIs, weight-loss goals, and medical histories. During your consultation phase, our medical team will work with you to determine the best surgical procedure for your case. We prioritize low-cost, noninvasive options with fast recovery periods whenever possible! Our laparoscopic options are especially gentle.
We Are Leaders in Safe Medical Tourism
Renew Bariatrics has performed thousands of surgeries on patients from around the world at our world-class facilities located just minutes from the border in Tijuana, Mexico. We are proud to offer well-researched, medically supported bariatric surgical options that include gastric sleeve, gastric bypass, gastric balloon, and single-incision bariatric surgery. We are also leaders in revisional bariatric surgeries.
Don’t let fear over cost stop you from taking charge of your health! A newly published study on the impact of bariatric surgery found that weight-loss procedures lead to significant reductions in premature death.
The life-saving effects of bariatric surgery are too important to allow high costs and red tape from local medical providers to force you to abandon your plans. Renew Bariatrics can offer you a free consultation to learn more about how we have helped countless patients from Canada and the United States attain healthy BMIs. Contact us for a quote today!